My sweet husband got up with the girl's & made pancakes and eggs. Even though they both came out very awful, it made me smile that he tried, and I ate it anyway.
I got to take Riley on a play date this morning, just me and Rye. We went to BK to meet some friends, and let me just say...having one kid is so easy. It's a piece of cake, it's almost like VACATION. I always enjoy my time with her. We then picked up Dad and Addison, and headed to the park downtown. The weather was so nice, and it was great to see the sun after a full week of clouds! We headed for Ice cream, and home for naps. We all slept until 6pm!!!! It was nice, I was kind of panicking when I woke up and it was dark outside, I thought it may have been the middle of the night.
Did I feel like cooking dinner? Of course not. Should I have? Of course. Did I? Of course not.
Took the kiddos to pizza inn. Which, I have never been crazy about, but tonight, the food was weirdly good and we enjoyed it as a family. The girl's were being great and after we ate we let them play on the arcade games for a while. I like that it is a kid friendly place, for sure.
However, there were two women sitting at a table diagonal to us. They looked like they were in their late 20's, early 30's and they just kept staring at us. It was very weird...and about 20 minutes into dinner, 3 kids came and sat with them. The littlest was a boy, who looked about 3. Well, one of the women kept yelling at him really loudly. "Sit down and shut up!" "Stop moving and eat you d*mn food!" "no im not giving you any money for the arcade" "get the h*ll away from my bag""stop your d*mn fidgeting"...etc.
I mean, she was loud! I know for a fact that we were not the only ones who heard her, I saw plenty of other tables watching and getting uncomfortable. I try really hard not look at them at all, but of course when I was walking to my table she was yelling at him and I did kind of stare her down. Well, I guess the other woman at the table thought it was funny that I was obviously bothered by it, because she said something to the yelling lady, so the yelling lady yelled more and then they laughed. They then decided to laugh every time they yelled at the kid.
??????
This kid was seriously doing nothing. He had a balloon and was sitting at the table playing with it. It made me so mad. Of course I get mad and yell at my girl's sometimes, but I would never ever do it in public, or purposely make a big scene, or laugh about it(i actually feel guilty when i do yell). What bothered me the most is that the poor little boy wasnt even doing anything!! What is wrong with parent's like that? I don't get it...why even have children???
They left about 20 minutes later, and I promise, it was like a weight was off our shoulders. We could relax and eat our dinner, and pray hard for those women. :-(
Now the girl's are asleep and hubby is playing video games.
I received an email from a friend today asking me if I can keep her 4yr old son for a week and a half in December. He lives in NC with his Dad, she is getting him for Christmas but he can't stay with her (she lives with her cousin and her cousin said there is not enough room for him to stay there...) So she need's me to keep him so that she can see him.
I don't know the entire situation, it's seems odd, however I talked it over with adam at dinner and of course we'll keep him. I know she loves him allot, and she misses him allot. Of course he can stay here so she can have him for the holidays, we have the room and my girl's will have fun. I am kind of looking forward to it, I am very happy that she gets to see him, I know it means allot to her.
This is addison when she was a baby, and moose, our old dog.
& I just inquired about a puppy today.
I really wish adam would have let me get one of the puppies that my friend had a while ago!
Sounds like you had a great day with your family. Aren't weekends grand?!
ReplyDeleteSo funny you had a dog named Moose. My friend just had to put her dog Moose (he was 1/2 chihuaua and 1/2 doxie) to sleep a couple of months ago. I hadn't ever heard of another Moose until now! Good luck finding the perfect puppy!
It makes me sick to my stomach when I see parents yelling at their kids like that out in public, it makes you wonder what life at home is! UGH so sad!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good day other than that though...I love family days! :)
You are so right..life is so much easier when we only have one child around. Amazing how different it is!
ReplyDeleteIt bothers me when parents yell at their kids in public also. don't get me wrong there are times that I raise my voice if they are doing something wrong but goodness when he wasn't even doing anything! That's insane!