Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's beginning to look allot like Christmas.

Well, at least in the Potter house. The tree is up, we are going to decorate it...well, sometime soon. I have all my Christmas music downloaded, the lights are ready to be put on the house (hopefully this weekend). Now, if only it would get a little colder! Im tired of the 70 degree weather!
I also got my car back! Woohoo! No more granny mobile. I'm very happy about that.
Tomorrow, I'm hosting a play date at my house. Is this a good idea? Not sure. I guess we'll see. As long as their are no spills on the furniture or floor, and no marks on the walls, everything else is fine. Oh yea, and as long as we have a good time. lol. I'm not very hospitable.

Tonight, I was watching the Duggars & Table for 12. I think, I like the Duggars WAY more. A friend and I had agreed that we liked Table for 12 better, because they were real. But after watching them and then the Duggars back to back...my mind was spinning.
Why can't the Duggar's be real? They can...my family can be just like the Duggars if that is what I really want. I already have 2...and one on the way..soon...hopefully. I'm not meaning be like them in numbers. I do want a big family (5 kids), but when I say I want to be like the Duggar's, I want my family to model theirs. Their kindness, their love, their helpfulness, their faith, their morals. Michelle is so sweet and so patient with all of her children. She doesn't pull her hair out and yell. All of her children are so helpful. They help each other and work as a team, and never complain! They all love the Lord, and all of the Children agree with how their parents have raised them. They homeschool and love it, which is something I am going to do. My family CAN be like the Duggars. Yes, it's going to take hard work and it's going to take adam and I both to stop being so selfish, but it can be done with God's help. I can and will homeschool my children, I can teach my children to love and serve the lord, I can be patient and sweet, I can handle "allot" of children. I can raise my family with good morals, manners, and strong faith. The Duggars can be real to me. Why was the table for 12 family real to me anyways? Because they are what our society calls "normal" (besides the 10 kids). They fight, argue, the kids are messy, they dont always look perfect, they scare each other, they watch tv...etc. And, why wernt the Duggars normal to me? Because their family seemed to good to be true! They are respectful, and they serve the Lord, they are everything that the "normal" family is not. And, I love it. The Duggars did not conform to the ways of the world, and, neither will I. Tomorrow is a new day, and I can do it. The Duggars are real.

I even feel like emailing them some fan mail to Thank them for inspiring me to turn the way I think about life, children, and families around. Okay, maybe I wont go that far =-)
If you go to the Duggar family website, they have their Duggar family house rules. Which, I am going to print and begin to follow them. Im really not obsessed with them, I promise.

I'm not doing ten times tuesday today like I normally do. I just dont feel like it. However, here a few things that made me smile today:
-When my girl's were giving each other hugs this morning, for no reason, just loving each other.
-When Addison ate 2 hotdogs, a handful of goldfish, and then a plate of what I made for dinner, all in a 30 minute time span.
-When Riley asked me to pray with her twice tonight.
-When Riley ran into Addison's room to give her a kiss before bedtime.
-When my husband came home and we got to have an actual, real conversation and watch the Duggars together.
-When I finally finished cleaning my house, and I can now sit around and enjoy it.
-When A family member emailed me about wanting to foster to adopt through DSS. Unexpected and surprising...but I'm happy and hoping they pursue it. Even though I am kind of jealous that I can't just print out the application for us and send it in..
-The continuous support and encouragement I receive from my followers! I love the comments, and It's nice to know that my story and my life does touch people. To God be the Glory.


And, right now, I am praying for:
God's will in my families life.
Strength, I can do it.
For God to do a huge work in my husband!
For patience, wisdom, and a sweet spirit when raising my kids.
Boldness and Confidence.
And, I need to be filled, I'm running on E. Where can you get on E??? Nowhere.














4 comments:

  1. Ok I don't know if your wonder woman or crazy. i still have halloween stuff to put away let along Christmas out yet.

    On the Duggars, more power to you if they are your role models. Strive to be out standing not average. I'm just happy to make it day by day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with wanting to be more godly! I just wish I could get that whole no yelling ever thing down. Hmmmm.....a weak point. I do really well.......until..........

    We are decorating for Christmas soon too- mainly because we are going away for a while and don't want to have to come back and then decorate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Duggars too, I think it would be great to be more like them too....well, minus a child or 15. :) It does take work, one step at a time, right?

    I LOVE that you have your tree up already! I asked Matt if we could put ours up a monthago when it was snowing and he wouldn't let me yet. :) Soon though! I love this time of year so much!

    ReplyDelete