Monday, October 5, 2009

I know, I post WAY too much for ANYONE to keep up with my updates.
Today I am working on my testimony. I finished my opening paragraph...and I think I'm going to pray before I write anymore. Ugh, Im so nervous. 31 days .

There is a girl I know who went on a missions trip to Africa last summer. So, I wrote to her about it this morning and she replied with some very helpful information.
She gave me a few websites to check out. AIM- Africa Inland Mission has a ton of great information and lot's of trips! YWAM- Youth with a Mission looks very cool, but it is for a church who want's to organize groups to go. And SEND international. I am having a REALLY hard time finding places that do short term missions that are LESS than six weeks. I can go for two weeks max. Two weeks would be perfect! Most of these have trips STARTING at 6 weeks. OUCH! I hve allot of praying to do, but I do know that 6 weeks is WAY to long for me to be away from my children, plus adam wont be able to take off SIX weeks.
OH, did I mention that Adam told me last night that he wanted to go...????? I was shocked...and excited! Im excited that we will get to experience it together and be changed together.
If God laid this on OUR hearts, then it's NOT going to go away. And if this is GOD'S will, the way will be provided.

How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!

4 comments:

  1. If you need to be gone for less time then He will provide! I think it's so awesome you are doing this. I would love to be able to go on another Mission Trip! And that's great your husband wants to go too...that would be something so amazing for you two to do! Praying that everything falls into place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know our agency hosts volunteers at one of their orphanages in Ethiopia (Adoption Advocates International). Also, a few years ago the Assemblies of God churches had a pretty good system going as far as missions go ... they had lots of opportunities in SEVERAL different countries for short term through long term. I know we looked into it way back, and there was lots to choose from ... I think their site is AOG.org or something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, go to shorttermmissions.com there is a way where you can search trips that are 1-2 weeks. Also, you can choose weather to search trips that are meant for an individual, a married couple, or an organized group. Hope that helps some. Also, it might be a great thing for you to hold a meeting about in your church to see if others are interested in going as a church group. That is what people at my church do every year and we always go to the same place. Our church has developed really close relationships with the people we work with in the Dominican Republic and most of the people who go send a student to school every year. It's a really a great thing if you can get a group to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My church does medical missions. I can see if I can get some info for you. It might be a start and I think they are for 2 weeks or maybe 4, I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete