Today Riley went to school, and I had alone time with Addison. It's amazing how different they act when they are not together. I get to see more of "her own personality" when Riley is not there to influence her, vice versa.When Riley came home we took naps, ate mac & cheese, took a walk to the park (thanks to the great weather), bathed and played. By the way, they are both doing great in their own rooms now. Addison no longer cries, she goes to bed right away. Riley play's for a while with her toys before she gets in bed, which is fine now (she doesnt have to worry about waking her sissy up!). Tomorrow is going to hold a day of cookie baking, playing outside, and drawing, and church!
Adam's schedule is actuallynot bad . He doesn't leave the house until 8:45, so if I wake up at 7, then I get to spend time with him and the girl's get to see him too. God has BIG plan's for us! I just need to LET GO, AND LET GOD
I just finished watching the "Granduggar" episode on 18 kids and counting. I love that family, I really do! Anna had a home birth and it seemed to go so smooth! Home birthing is not for me, for millions and millions of reasons, but, to each it's own!
Johannah is my favorite little Duggar girl. I also happen to love that name!
Okay, right now...I need to know what you mama's drive and why. And if you like it or not. We are back to the "what kind of car do we get now" battle. Mini van vs. SUV, if you will.
I love the IDEA of a mini van, but, I'm not sure If I am ready to take that step! It's like, an elderly person getting a walker...Im going to feel so old. Im only 20...and a mini van??? I just can't picture it! They ARE roomy...they are cheaper than SUV'S and better on gas than most suvs too. SUVs just look better, they are not so...mommyfied. Maybe I need to be mommyfied.
Either way, we need something that fit's three LARGE carseats across the backseat, a third row would be AWESOME if possible.
I need something that we are not going to outgrow for a full three years! We have a car that is VERY small right now, and even when we had a big truck, I felt cramped! So...room is very important. Am I ready to make the minivan mom step?

What we are praying for:
Guidance.
A possible baby =-)
Strength in our marriage.
Stronger Faith.
Our car to sell.
That God will help us find our families vision.
i despised taking the minivan step. truly, i did. but after finally doing it (as we didn't have much of a choice), i wouldn't trade it for anything! well, maybe a mustang...someday. ;)
ReplyDeletekeeping your family in my prayers!
Ok Shay- seriously its not that bad. I was driving a minivan at 24 and to top it off it was white with wood-panel on the side...lol.
ReplyDeleteSo I think you can do it and BTW I love my Nissan Quest! and I love you!
Shay...wait I had no idea you were only 20 years old! You have so much wisdom for such a young mom/wife. As for the van/SUV dilemma...I would go with the SUV but only because I can't see ME driving a mini-van...keep us posted though :)
ReplyDeletePossible baby!?! :)
ReplyDeleteI say go for the minivan! I am (NOT) patiently waiting for one of our vehicles to break down so I can finally get mine! They are so "mommyish" but by far the easiest most efficient thing for families! You'll love it. :)
I say go for the mini van...heck make it a MEGA van if you have to!!! I made the leap from a Trailblazer to a Chrysler T&C a year and a half ago and I LOVE my van. Once you are inside, the outside doesn't matter one bit. I went for options with mine (that was my stipulation...it had to be loaded) and at times I think I could possibly live in it! The automatic doors area the best and built in DVD players...can't beat that! I know you can get those with an SUV also, but there is something to be said about how the doors open on a van. When a baby is in their infant car seat and you have to try to heave that up into an SUV...no fun. Plus you have to make sure you have a big enough parking space cause you have to get the doors all the way open in order to get it in. Then, if you have a 3rd...you are most likely going to have to strap one in the middle if it has a bench or in the back and think of how hard it is to tilt a seat forward when you have a carseat strapped in there! I also say stow-n-go is the BOMB because you don't have to take any seats out to get more room.
ReplyDeleteOkay, I'll get off my soap box! Good luck with whichever you choose :)