Tonight was Heart Connection, a small group at church for 18-30yr olds. It was the best one yet, imo. An "older" lady in church came dressed as a fairy God mother for her talk =-). She related our lives to cinderella. The mice are the people who are working in the backgrounds of our lives. The evil step mom and step sisters are the people who bring us down in life, the fairy God mother is the person in your life who help's you get to where your going, and the prince in Jesus...the one who everyone want's to be with. Except our prince is different, he doesn't just recognize Cinderella...he recognizes all of us..he loves us all and he thinks that we are all BEAUTIFUL. Beautiful beyond words. She talked about finding who you are in Christ, finding your gift's and using them.
In the "end", we prayed...and one girl asked if she could say something to the younger girls (this month, a few teen girls were invited). What she said was amazing, she boldly told them about life, and that life is more than high school. Told them to get it straight now, because the decisions they make now can and will effect their future. That it's more about being popular...being liked and having boyfriends. The four years of high school is a spec compared to the rest of their lives. I know me saying this may not sound like it flowed with the night, but it did.
Then, they played the song "More Beautiful You" by Johnny Diaz. I was sitting there, listening and thinking..and then I notice my dear friend in the corner...alone..crying. Something was telling me to go over to her...not sure what I was gonna say or do...but I got up and walked over to her..and just hugged her while she cried. In the end, we ended up talking the entire time about what each of us is going through, and what we have been through...and it was a good night. She is the sweetest girl ever, and I am thankful that God brought her into my life.
Pretty much, I cannot put into word's just how blessed I was tonight. God is good.
Lord, thank you so much for the amazing and BEAUTIFUL women that you have gathered into our heart connection group. Together, we are a force to be reckoned with, and your our strength! Thank you for the boldness in the ladies who spoke tonight, and their obedience. I am at a loss for words...thank you, Lord.
Sounds like a wonderful evening and having great impact on those all those there.
ReplyDeleteLike the Cinderella theme
Also a great song.
What a great group, and great message!! It's hard for HS kids to see past this moment in life and it's SO true that what they do now can completely change their whole life.
ReplyDelete